Reg´Activ - FAQs
- What do Reg´Activ® Products do? Who should take them?
- What is in Reg´Activ® CARDIO WELLNESS? How does it work?
- What is in Reg´Activ® IMMUNE & VITALITY? How does it work?
- What is in Reg´Activ® DETOX & LIVER HEALTH? How does it work?
Reg´Activ® Product Use and Storage
- How should I take Reg´Activ®?
- How should I store Reg´Activ®?
- Should I take both Reg´Activ® and Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics®?
- Is Reg´Activ® safe to take if I’m allergic to one of the ingredients?
- Will any ingredient in Reg´Activ® interact with my prescription medication?
- Are Reg´Activ® products safe for children?
- What is glutathione? What’s so important about another antioxidant?
- Why can’t I just take a glutathione supplement? What makes Reg´Activ® different?
- How does the Reg´Activ® probiotic strain support glutathione levels?
- How does glutathione support antioxidant activity in the body?*
- How does taking Reg´Activ® promote healthy detoxification?*
- How was the Reg´Activ® probiotic strain discovered?
Right now, there are three Reg´Activ® products that pair the ME-3 probiotic with other benefit-specific ingredients. Choose the product that best resonates with your goals:
Reg´Activ® Cardio Wellness™*
Reg´Activ® Immune & Vitality™*
Reg´Activ® Detox & Liver Health™*
Every moment of every day, cardiovascular cells utilize glutathione for ongoing maintenance and upkeep. Glutathione is vital for cardio health. Glutathione ultimately helps maintain healthy LDL processing, and it encourages healthy CRP and IL-6 levels and activity. Glutathione is also capable of recycling other heart-health antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin E, and coenzyme Q10.*
Reg´Activ® CARDIO WELLNESS™ provides the glutathione-producing probiotic along with:
- Heart healthy B vitamins (thiamin, B6, B12 methylcobalamin, B5 pantethine) – Help maintain healthy cholesterol levels*
- Coenzyme Q10 (active form ubiquinol) – Promotes healthy energy production in heart tissue
- N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) – Acts as a glutathione precursor for additional antioxidant support*
Reg´Activ® IMMUNE & VITALITY™ provides the glutathione-producing probiotic along with:
- Vitamin C – Trusted antioxidant support for a healthy immune system*
- Selected B vitamins (thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, B6) – Promote healthy energy levels and balanced metabolic function*
- L-carnitine tartrate – Helps maintain healthy energy levels
This is because of the liver’s constant handling of day-to-day toxins and associated free radical activity. Of all human body cells, liver cells have the highest demand for glutathione. Healthy glutathione levels are vital for normal liver function.*
Reg´Activ® DETOX & LIVER HEALTH™ provides the glutathione-producing probiotic Lactobacillus fermentum ME-3 along with:
- L-selenothionine (easy-to-digest selenium) – Promotes healthy levels of the enzyme glutathione peroxidase, which supports liver tissue health*
- L-methionine & N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) – Act as glutathione precursors*
- Milk thistle extract (Silymarin) – Supports production of super antioxidant enzymes in the liver*
Reg´Activ® Product Use and Storage
Dr. Ohhira’s Probiotics® Original and Pro Formulas are still the best approach to addressing complex digestive wellness goals and immune health goals connected to gut health. Meanwhile, Reg´Activ® products provide a probiotic strain that produces glutathione—which affects immune health, but also has implications for cardio health and liver function.*
Taking both products can be highly synergetic for some individuals. But all people should talk to a health care provider before making additions or changes to their supplement protocol. Some mild digestive discomfort can occur when taking multiple probiotic products. Your health care provider can advise you on dosages and timing when you take each product.*
Glutathione’s primary function is to address the day-to-day effects of free radicals in every human cell. Glutathione is also called the Master Detoxifier because it plays a vital role in regulating detoxification reactions throughout the body. Glutathione is clearly more than “just another antioxidant.” It is the body’s main antioxidant tool for maintaining the wellness of every cell.*
Reg´Activ® products are revolutionary in that they provide a probiotic strain that actually produces and recycles spent glutathione from within the body. No other supplement product provides glutathione in this highly effective fashion.*
All Reg´Activ® products provide a unique probiotic strain, Lactobacillus fermentum ME-3, which produces glutathione from within the body. There’s no concern about the glutathione breaking down before it can get to the cells that need it. ME-3 produces glutathione live, inside the person. In a human clinical trial, volunteers taking ME-3 saw an impressive 49% promotion of their ratios of active (reduced) to spent (oxidized) glutathione.*
It’s clear that this innovative, probiotic-produced glutathione is the most efficient and effective approach to supporting healthy glutathione levels.*
- Actually producing glutathione from within the human body*
- Extracting glutathione from the surrounding environment*
- Recycling spent (oxidized) glutathione back to its active (reduced) state*
As another side benefit, ME-3 synthesizes a very important intracellular antioxidant called manganese superoxide dismutase (Mn-SOD). This ability to produce both glutathione and Mn-SOD, makes ME-3 an antioxidant superstar. In human trials, people taking ME-3 exhibited an impressive 49% promotion of their ratios of active (reduced) to spent (oxidized) glutathione and 26% promotion in Total Antioxidant Activity (TAA) throughout the body.*
All Reg´Activ® products support detoxification to some degree because they help maintain healthy glutathione levels. Though the liver is certainly the biggest consumer of glutathione, the effects are not limited solely to the liver. Glutathione actually promotes healthy detoxification activities in every cell in the body. So its effects are more far-reaching than many other supplements with limited organ-specific benefits.*
Glutathione is known for its ability to assist with day-to-day detoxification of chemicals in our modern environment. This includes common agricultural and residential lawn and garden chemicals (such as glyphosate and organophosphates). Glutathione is also vital for the healthy processing and elimination of alcohol, prescription and over-the-counter medications, and certain metals often present in our foods and the environment.*
As exposures to all of these chemicals increase, the body’s demand for glutathione increases. In our modern world, the body needs more glutathione. Supplementing with a Reg´Activ® product can successfully address this increased glutathione-demand.*
Ongoing research revealed that ME-3 could support healthy glutathione levels via three different mechanisms. In addition to synthesizing glutathione, the bacteria can also extract it from the surrounding environment and recycle spent (oxidized) glutathione back to its active (reduced) form. Consequently, ME-3 is being called a “Complete Glutathione System”. There is no other known probiotic strain or supplement that provides this 3-prong glutathione effect.*
Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics, Supplements and Skin Products are non-GMO and hypoallergenic (no dairy, no gluten); contains all-natural ingredients; and is guaranteed free of Soil-based Organisms (SBOs). Contains fermented soy. Soybeans used in long-term fermentation process are predigested and structurally modified to reduce or eliminate immuno-activity to soy. The probiotics are 100% vegetarian and stable without refrigeration.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
THIS SITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL OR HEALTH CARE ADVICE. CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER FOR ADVICE REGARDING ANY MEDICAL CONDITION. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SELF-DIAGNOSE OR TREAT ANY MEDICAL CONDITION BASED ON ANYTHING CONTAINED ON THIS SITE.
DrOhhiraProbiotics.com is independently owned and is an Authorized Distributor of Essential Formulas Incorporated.